Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Heading to Hong Kong

Today is our last day in China. We are waiting for Ava's visa and in a couple hours, we'll be on the bullet train to Hong Kong. We have spent the morning packing and, right now, Ava is taking a nap. She has really warmed up to her Daddy today. More than once, she asked him to hold her. He even got her to sleep, which isn't an easy thing to do.

While we are so happy to be coming home, we will treasure the time we spent with Ava in China. The sights, the smells, the people. I'm trying to soak up as much of it as I can, so I can remember and share it with her one day. Everything we've done here has been an adventure; from getting in a cab, to finding food, to even crossing the street (it's much like playing a game of Frogger). I'm sure there are traffic rules, but we could never figure them out.

This trip has turned out so much better than I imagined. We have been stretched beyond measure, challenged, changed. Rewarded. We have met families we'll never forget. I have laughed (often when I didn't know what else to do), cried, learned so much about myself. Would I do it all over again? In a minute.


Sent from my iPad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs