Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday, March 4

Adjusting to a 14-hour time difference isn't easy, but I think we're there. After breakfast, we met our guide and visited Yu Garden - one of the few old sights left in Shanghai. It was commissioned in 1559 and took 19 years to build. Such a beautiful place. After that, we found a tea room and sampled its goods. We bought some Ginseng Oolong Tea that I might be willing to share when we get home. I wanted a tea set, but failed at my bargaining attempt for a more reasonable price. Will try again another day, another place.

Lunchtime and - don't judge - we went to Pizza Hut. Seriously, Sarah wanted to go there and it was near Wal Mart. Much nicer than American Pizza Huts and there were all sorts of things on the menu, including Chinese food. Kevin and I were the only Americans in the place and it was packed! So was Wal-Mart. We were on sensory overload in there and Sarah said it wasn't that crowded. But we had to buy diapers and formula because Ava will be with us starting tomorrow!

We will leave our hotel at 8:30 in the morning so we can be at the orphanage by 9:30. There are 7 families meeting their children tomorrow. I really don't know how we're going to sleep tonight!

Sent from my iPad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs