Monday, March 12, 2012

Rough afternoon...

Ava woke up from her nap screaming - just like that first afternoon with her. There was nothing I could do to console her. I tried to hold her. She arched her back, broke loose and squirmed away from me. Ava threw herself to the floor and tried to beat her head against it. I held her tight so she wouldn't get hurt. More than an hour went by. Our happy baby was suddenly terrorized. Bad dream? Grieving? Confused? I don't know. Finally, she sat quietly next to me holding my hand. Then Kevin comes in acting foolish and saves the day. Suddenly, Baba with a sock on his head was the funniest thing ever. Ava's face lit up again. And she was fine.

I know there will be more times like this. We expect it. Very soon, we will take this sweet child away from everything familiar to her. And it may get more difficult. But it'll be OK. No one has days of only lollipops and rainbows. Sometimes, we all just need a little extra love.

Sent from my iPad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs